Mt. Baruntse 7162m Expedition
Mt. Baruntse Expedition is a mountain in the Khumbu region of eastern Nepal, crowned by four peaks and bounded on the south by the Hunku Glacier, on the east by the Barun Glacier, and on the northwest by the Imja Glacier. The mountain was first climbed May 30, 1954 via the south ridge by Colin Todd and Geoff Harrow of a New Zealand expedition led by Sir Edmund Hillary. Accessing the mountain is usually gained from the South, where climbers can ascend Mera Peak to acclimatize before moving up the valley to Baruntse base camp. It is recorded that 19-time M. Everest summiteer Chhewang Nima died in 2010 on an expedition to Baruntse. He was hit by an avalanche at an altitude of about 7000m (23,114ft) above sea level.
Mt. Baruntse expedition is an exciting adventure for climbers wishing to summit a 7000m peak in a remote region of Nepal. It offers a tremendously rewarding climb among the world’s highest peaks. Baruntse Peak at 7129m is located just south of the semi-circle of fantastic mountains comprising Everest, Lhotse and Nuptse and Makalu on the other side. The expedition to Baruntse peak approaches base camp through the pristine wilderness environment of the Hinku valley and the renowned Mera La. of Makalu Barun remote valleys of Nepal. Although exciting and challenging, this climbing expedition is considered to be one of the easier climbs of a 7000+ meter peak and thus it boasts of a high success rate of scaling the summit and returning safely. From base camp to the western col with its huge glacial plateau, everything will make your ascent challenging and inspiring.
Although its altitude is less than neighboring mountains, you will be in the very heart of the mighty Himalayan peaks – in front of you the famous Lhotse south face and not far away the stunning Makalu west pillar. Taking part in the Baruntse expedition involves using many of the varied skills needed for climbing any 8000 meter peak and so offers the ideal training peak climb before embarking on any of the 8000 meter peak expeditions in the Himalayas. The steep sections of ice at 50 degrees and a prominent ice cliff at about 7000 meters make the South-East Ridge of Baruntse demand respect and great effort to succeed in the final push to the summit.
This Baruntse expedition itinerary has been being carefully designed so all expedition members have proper acclimatization and have sufficient stamina and skill to cope with the necessary climbs from and back to base camp before setting out for our Baruntse summit push. We also organize special refreshment climbing training course at base camp where all the expedition members can practice and hone their skills to ensure a safe and rewarding climb. We set up our base camp at 5300 meters where our expedition cooks prepare all the necessary tasty and substantial meals. Baruntse expedition experienced climbing guides set up higher camps at 6400 meters and 6800 meters and fix ropes to make the summit push safe and secure. We have medically trained guides with a comprehensive medical kit, a Portable Altitude Chamber, satellite phone and walkie-talkie as a safety back-up throughout the duration of our Baruntse expedition.
- 4 Nights 3 star hotel Kathmandu with bed and breakfast
- Climbing permit for Baruntse 7129m.expedition autumn
- Trekking meal will use lodges or guest houses till Khare
- Fully fresh meal base camp for whole expedition period
- 1 Base camp guide, cook, cook helper, necessary porter
- Porter from Lukla-Baruntse base camp base camp-Lukla
- Kathmandu – Lukla – Kath. flights ticket with cargo 25 kg
- 1 climber-1 porter for carrying person climbing equipment
- Equipment allowance-daily-allowance-Liaison officer-staff
- Life, medical & rescue Insurance for staff & Liaison officer
- 1 tent for 1 climber in BC for expedition north face /similar
- Mattress, dining tent – toilet tent, table, chair for expedition
- Pick up and drop-Kathmandu(airport-hotel-airport) 2 times
- Solar panel for batteries charging – lighting in base camp
- Satellite phone service (pay call ), Agency service charge
Price per person
Group Size +2
Duration 35 Days
Maximum Altitude 7162m
Trek Difficulty Strenuous
Leave a Reply