Mt. Putha Hiunchuli 7246m Expedition
Mt Putha Hiunchuli Expeditionis a truly adventurous expedition to a remote and culturally fascinating part of Nepal, as this is one of the least visited areas by trekkers or climbing teams compared with most other regions. It is an easy mountain to climb, but a difficult mountain to get to, making its base camp off-limits to all except the resolute expedition mountaineer.
Mt. Putha Hiunchuli is 7246m high. The first successful attempt to the summit was done by a British team in 1954. We follow the Mahendra Highway from Kathmandu and reach Nepalgunj. The next morning we fly to Dolpo (Juphal) trek to Dunai from where our trek starts. Walking past the villages of Tarakot, Musikhola, Kagkot, Yak Kharka and we reach the base camp of Putha Hiunchuli.
Putha Hiunchuli expedition requires a little climbing proficiency on steep, exposed high altitude experience of 6000m trekking peak. This peak can be graded as 4 + rock and Ice climbing experience with excellent physical and mentally condition as we have to walk minimum five hours a day and about 7 hours on the summit day. We recommend the training with National mountaineering climbing institute or with professional mountain guide before the start of the expedition.
Base camp to Camp 1 on moraine, Put up cairns for path as it is little difficult to find it. Normally put up Camp 1 at beginning of glacier. From Camp1 to Camp 2, it is possible to use ski, and not many crevasses. Route quite clear, set up camp on rock band. On summit day from 5,700m, we start early in the morning about 4am but things depend on the weather conditions and it should be clear. Only false summit can be seen from route.
- 5 Nights Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on BB Plan (Bed & Breakfast)
- 1 Night Hotel accommodation in Nepalgunj on BB plan (Bed & Breakfast)
- Mt. Putha Hiunchuli Expedition climbing permit fee
- Food for Trekking and expedition period
- Expedition crew: Base camp Guide, Cook, Cook helper
- Porters or Yak porter Dunai to Base camp & Base camp to Jomsom
- Domestic Flight: Kathmandu – Nepalgunj, Nepalgunj – Juphal, Jomsom – Pokhara and Pokhara – Kathmandu
- Equipment allowance and daily allowance for Liaison officer, expedition crew
- Medical and accidental insurance for Nepalese expedition crew.
- Helicopter rescue insurance
- 1 tent for 2 person for Expedition
- Mat, dining tent, Toilet tent, Mess tent, Store tent, Table and chairs trekking for the expedition
- Local transportation in Kathmandu (Airport-hotel-airport)
- High Altitude tents, High altitude foods, cooking pot, Gas and Stove.
- Climbing equipment: Fixed and main ropes, Ice and rock piton, snow shovel and dead-man
- Climbing Guide and Sherpa (2 members:1 climbing sherpa)
- Emergency Oxygen, Mask and regulator
- Personal equipment for climbing & trekking
- Personal & medical Insurance of expedition
- Climbing food, Gas & stove above Base camp
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter incase needed
- Walkie Talkie permit & Satellite phone permit
- Personal expenses
- Tips and climbing bonus
- Bar Bills & beverage
Price per person
Given the above the cost dose not included following the object:
Climbing Sherpa: US $ 4,500 (If required): Please note that this cost does not include the climbing Sherpa’s food & fuel, tents, climbing and summit bonus above advance base camp.
Summit Bonus: Camp 7000m. = USD 500 & over 7000m to summit= USD 400 = 900 USD extra payable for per climbing Sherpa on the spot.
Garbage Deposit Cost: – Garbage Deposit US$ 3000.00 (sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don’t take back their garbage.
Emergency Helicopter RESCUE: If any of a climber is in bad condition or gets high altitude sickness then there is a possibility of rescue from Jeep. For this service, a climber has to do travel insurance in their home country because we didn’t do any kinds of insurance for climber.
Extra Services if require:
- Russian oxygen 4 litters US $ 450.00
- Mask & Regular US $ 400.00
- Satellite phone US $ 700.00 per set (Personal use from climber)
- Film Permit US $ 5,000.00 (Small Portable movie camera is free)
- Duty Jeep US $ 3,500.00
- Rescue Jeep US $ 700.00 per Jeep
Group Size +2
Duration 35 Days
Maximum Altitude 7246m
Trek Difficulty Strenuous
Leave a Reply