Mt. Thamserku 6608m Expedition
Mt. Thamserku Expedition is magnificent Mountain in Everest region. Mount Thamserku 6608m is Snow Saddle beautiful mountain, which rises majestically to a saddle shaped summit from Khumbu and Hinku valley and sits next to another prominent mountain Kangtega to the south. Mt. Thamserku is rated as difficult, challenging and Technical Mountain for climbing but most mountaineers /Adventure seekers would like to explore it to face the challenge of nature. Mount Thamserku Expedition offer stunning Himalayan views of Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8463m , Mt.Cho Oyu 8201m, Mt. Pumori 7161m, Mt. Nuptse 7855m, Mt. Kangchung 6063m, Mt. Amadablam 6856m, Mt. Thamserku 6608m, Mt. Kantega 6685m, Mt.Kusum Khagaru 6367m, Mt.Kongde 6011m, Mt.Twache peak 6367m, Mt. Cholaste 6335m, Island peak 6179m, Tibetan sherpa culture, lush valleys and beautiful landscape of Khumbu region. Thamserku mountaineering is technical climbing mountain & required climbing skills as well as good physical fitness.
Thamserku expedition commence from Lukla after 30 minutes spectacular scheduled flight from Kathmandu on a small aircraft will take you to the gateway to the Everest region then commence trek to Phakding and we continue to classical route to Namche Bazzar. We will spend two nights at Namche Bazzar for acclimatization. From Namche we take through Khumjung to Phunki Tenga then head towards Thamserku base camp. We spend couple of day at base camp for climbing training such as; how to use Oxygen, mask and regulator. Generally, three camps are set in the approach above the Thamserku base camp (4,750m), however, only two camps are used to spend the night. The climb from Base Camp to camp one is considered one the difficult days of the Mt. Thamserku expedition. We follow old grassy moraine ridges passing through a saddle and then turning to north climbing up rocky ground and through rock to the ridge where camp 1 is set up. From Camp I (5100m) your first real camp is only one and half hours walk above Yak camp. This section is marked by rock cairns and involves boulder hopping and some easy scrambling. Camp II (5600m), now for the hardest snow and ice pitches of the route. Camp III (6200m), a cold and exposed position is the start of your summit push. The Sherpas will often use a full climbing rope to tie our tents down as the natural shape of the mountain can at times unfortunately funnel the wind to this location. It is however the only safe flat piece of real estate within range of the summit. Since Thamserku expedition has been open numerous mountaineers climbed with our professional climbing guide with life time experience!
- All land transportation: Airport /Hotel/Airport, trekking, expedition pick up & drop.
- 5 Nights’ Accommodation in Kathmandu at a tourist class Hotel on bed & breakfast plan as per given itinerary.
- Transport as per itinerary for members, staff and Liaison Officer.
- Transportation of all food and climbing equipment’s to base camp and back.
- Mt. Thamserku 6608m expedition climbing permit fee.
- Full board basis during the trekking.
- All kitchen equipment’s kitchen tent, dining tent, toilet tent, shower tent, chairs and tables at the base camp.
- Cook and Kitchen boys at the base camp.
- Base camp tents for members and staff.
- Per Person 50 KG. Equipment’s luggage / barrels allowed till to Base Camp.
- Equipment allowance, wages and insurance for base camp staff and Liaison Officer.
- Airfare: KTM / Lukla / Kathmandu with airport tax & cargo fees.
- Generator or Solar panel at base camp for power supply.
- Gammo bag at the base camp. For use only and sharing
- National Park Conservation Fee.
- Satellite phone (Pay calls).
- Emergency Oxygen -Mask and regulator.
- Helicopter rescue insurance for Nepalese staff.
- Agency service charges.
- Lunch and dinner during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Airfare from / to your country.
- Nepal entry visa fee. (Can be obtained at the airport upon arrival).
- Hotel after 5 nights stay in Kathmandu.
- Service above Base Camp.
- Drinks except tea and coffee.
- Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp.
- Walki -Takie permit & Satellite phone permit.
- Oxygen & Mask -regulator for climbing.
- Climbing Guide (Sherpa).
- Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical and emergency evacuation.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods arriving to Nepal by air or road.
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone, etc.
- International airport departure tax & tourist tax.
- Tips and climbing bonus.
- Garbage deposit US $ 3000.00 for a team. After expedition deposit will be refundable.
Price per person
Given the above the cost dose not included following the object:
Climbing Sherpa: US $ 4,500 (If required): Please note that this cost does not include the climbing Sherpa’s food & fuel, tents, climbing and summit bonus above advance base camp.
Summit Bonus: Camp 7000m. = USD 500 & over 7000m to summit= USD 400 = 900 USD extra payable for per climbing Sherpa on the spot.
Garbage Deposit Cost: – Garbage Deposit US$ 3000.00 (sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don’t take back their garbage.
Emergency Helicopter RESCUE: If any of a climber is in bad condition or gets high altitude sickness then there is a possibility of rescue from Jeep. For this service, a climber has to do travel insurance in their home country because we didn’t do any kinds of insurance for climber.
Extra Services if require:
- Russian oxygen 4 litters US $ 450.00
- Mask & Regular US $ 400.00
- Satellite phone US $ 700.00 per set (Personal use from climber)
- Film Permit US $ 5,000.00 (Small Portable movie camera is free)
- Duty Jeep US $ 3,500.00
- Rescue Jeep US $ 700.00 per Jeep
Group Size +2
Duration 35 Days
Maximum Altitude 6608m
Trek Difficulty Strenuous
Leave a Reply